Recipes, products and tasty morsels that move me.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eat Your Greens.



Did you ever have someone send you photos of yourself only to have "Good Lord, when did I gain that weight?" become the first thought that crosses your mind? This is what happened to me yesterday. Last year I trained for my first half marathon and I was running all the time. Unfortunately, like most people that train for their first distance run, when I finished training I kept eating. This isn't to say I've gained a ton of weight. In truth, I only need to lose 5 or 10 lbs. in order to get back to the size I prefer to be at. But, those photos were a rude awakening to say the least. So, tonight I decided to make a salad for dinner. I decided that a mix of lean protein and greens would be healthy and satisfying. I went to the butcher at my local grocery store and asked which cut of beef she would recommend for a tasty but lean topping to a spinach salad, she recommended some top sirloin. I added some spinach and a pear that was so sweet it tasted as if it had been soaked in sugar and vanilla. Not too shabby. This is great meal if you're in a hurray, all in I think it only took 10 minutes to prepare.

Spinach Salad with Sirloin Steak and Pear

Ingredients:
1 bag washed spinach leaves
1 lb sirloin steak, grilled and cut into strips
2-4 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
1 pear, chopped or sliced
3-4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
Salad Dressing, I like a raspberry vinaigrette for this

Split ingredients between two plates and top with dressing. Voila! Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment