Recipes, products and tasty morsels that move me.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lovely Bubbly


There's something about champagne. Yes, it can produce the world's worst hangovers. But, headaches be damned, I love to drink the bubbly. Up until a year ago champage was considered a special occasion drink in our house. We drank it at our wedding and to celebrate major milestones, but never just for the fun of it. And then our friend Sara got engaged.

I understand being excited about getting married. I'm sure there are numerous people that were exceptionally tired of discussing wedding plans with me between the months of May 2005 and May 2006. When Sara and Jay got engaged we celebrated with champange from the engagement dinner all the way through to the wedding.......and now that they are married the Champagne Train doesn't seem to be stopping. It has become the unofficial drink amongst our group of friends and, frankly - I love it. We pride ourselves on finding delicious, reasonably priced bottles and we've got a running list of our favorites.

To ring in 2010 tonight we'll be celebrating with our dear friends, enjoying a warm and comforting winter meal and no doubt drinking many glasses of champers (yes, we call it champers). I hope your New Years Eve is fun and safe and to help you celebratehere is a list of sparkling wines, proseccos and champagnes that I recommend. I'm not savvy enough to describe these to you in wine terms - I just know that we enjoy them.

Raise a glass and enjoy.

  • Segura Viudas Brut Rose, retails for about $7.99
  • Zonin Prosecco, available at Trader Joe's, $6.99
  • Mumm Napa Cuvee, retails for about $16.00
  • Domaine Ste. Michelle Cuvee Brut, retails for about $15.00
  • Veuve Clicquot Champagne, retails for about $40, a bit of a splurge but my top pick for big celebrations

No comments:

Post a Comment