Recipes, products and tasty morsels that move me.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Delicious Food Is All Around Us

I am admittedly very late to the blogging game. I realize at this point it is practically passe` to start a blog. But, over the course of the past six months or so, I have found myself saying, on several occasions, to friends and family that I've shared amazing meals with "I should start a blog about food that I eat, I love food." In these crazy financial times that we've been experiencing it is easy to overlook the simple pleasures. A good piece of cheese or chocolate or an excellent piece of artisan bread are enough to lift my spirits on any given day. And good food really is all around us - we just have to look past the ease of picking up a McD's hamburger and spend a couple extra minutes seeking out the little sandwich shop that uses fresh ingredients from local suppliers or the bakery that crafts each loaf, scone or croissant.

And so, here it is. A blog dedicated to delicious things I ate today. Sometimes it will be food I made and I will share recipes and other times it might be something wonderful I bought or that someone made for me. I can't promise flawless grammar or witty writing - but I can promise there will be lots of discussions about food. I also hope some of my other food-loving friends will provide posts about delicious things they've eaten.

Without further ado, here is the first recipe. It was given to me by my boss so I will name it after her as she did not have a name for it. I made this for Christmas morning this year and it was a big hit at my house. They were even excellent the next day as leftovers, just heat a piece up for 15-20 seconds in the microwave before eating it.

Sharon's Christmas Pecan Rolls

Servings: 6-8
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 8-12 hours

Ingredients:
1 package Rhodes frozen white dinner rolls
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 package butterscotch instant pudding
1/2 cup brown sugar (dark or light)
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Spread the chopped pecans around the bottom of an ungreased bundt pan.
Place 12-14 Rhodes rolls over the nuts, staggered so they are evenly distributed.
Sprinkle pudding mix and brown sugar over the rolls and pecans.
Melt the butter and pour over the mixture.
Let pan sit overnight in cold oven, the rolls will rise as they thaw.
In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
When still warm, invert pan onto platter or cutting board.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment