Recipes, products and tasty morsels that move me.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Haute Chocolate


I used to work for a company where 90% of the staff had an unhealthy obsession with bacon. We would take our lunch at ten in the morning sometimes just so we could go down to a local brunch spot and devour the crispy bacon during the "happy hour" special. Even before working in such a swine friendly atmosphere I've always had a healthy respect for fried pork product. My stepfather is southern and it seems we always had pork rinds around our house. Yes, I like pork rinds and No, I don't want to hear what it really is.

You can imagine my delight when my friend Laura showed up for Christmas dinner with a Mo's Bacon Bar all wrapped up for me. This is one candy bar that isn't going to appeal to everybody but it certainly appeals to me. Decadent milk chocolate, bits of applewood smoked bacon and Alder wood smoked salt all combine to make the perfect salty/sweet confection.

Vosges Haute Chocolate has created a variety of chocolate bars with unique ingrediants. Now that I've experienced the wonder that is Mo's Bacon Bar I am anxious to try the Red Fire Exotic Candy Bar made with Mexican ancho, chipotle chiles, Ceylon cinnamon and dark chocolate or maybe the Creole Exotic Candy Bar with Chicory coffee, cocoa nibs and 70% Sao Thome chocolate.

In Seattle you can find Vosges Haute Chocolat at Chocolate Box, 108 Pine Street, 206-443-3900.

No comments:

Post a Comment